Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Race results

The EpicRides crew is on this shit - the preliminary results from the 2006 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo are already posted.

As expected, GnomeBrew came in S2DFL in the 4-person singlespeed category. This spilled the milk for Team 2nd to Last, which ended up coming in 3rd to last. Sorry boys, you were too fast for last. It was a relief to see that had I doubled and done a fifth lap, it would have only been for the glory - 2nd to Last wrapped their 12th lap up just after high noon the second day and I would have rolled in on our 12th between 1:30 and 2:00pm. And like I said, going back out would have made me miss meeting and sharing a beer with the 4th place team in the 4 person female category, Three Blondes and a Fro. Fourth place for those sisters, and check the lap times. Damn!

Our camp mates and 2005 brother team QQQQ also did well. They came in 9th in the 4-person singlespeed class GC with 16 fast laps.

I'm pretty pleased with both my lap count and times on GnomeBrew this year (~Gila~ is on laps 2, 6, 9, and 11 - so much for blogospheric anonymity). My effort on last year's incarnation of QQQQ (laps 3 and 7) was dismal, due more to my piss-poor preparation and inexperience than to the biblical rainfall. And while I'm at it, I'll drop in a link to the 2004 QQQQ team's results. The 2004 squad was the classic lineup, and they even managed to score a low-level sponsorship from New Belgium Brewery.

I'm already looking forward to next year. I even resumed training; a beer run on the commuter bike yesterday and a light session with the weights today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home