Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Friday, January 13, 2006

Two Hours in the Old Pueblo

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday the 13th.

A pre-ride of the Willow Springs race course is happening tomorrow. Veelz, Beans, and yours truly are going to take a mellow lap to get a feel for the course and see what another year of overgrazing, torrential monsoon rains, and a bone-dry autumn and winter have done for the place. We'll be at the once and future site of Twenty-Four Hour Town, Arizona ca. 9:30am. I'm sure plenty of other local yokel cyclists will be there, too. The Seven Bitches, Junebug, "Puta Ocho", High Point, Sassy's Grave, the Slickrock WooHoo and its bypass - its all there for the taking.

There will definitely be no chin-to-the-stem racer geek stuff for us. I'm coming off 5 straight days of riding (23 miles on the road last Sunday and then to and from work Monday through Thursday on the tank-like commutant bike. I threw a bunch of weight lifting into the mix just to make it cruel and unusual. Veelz says he hasn't turned a crank in weeks My wife is the most well rested of any of us at this point, but she spent all of this morning with me doing yard work and hauling green waste out to the street for pickup. I see a three-way tie for DFL in the making here. I'm not even sure why I bothered to shave my legs.

So yeah, if I'm riding with Veelz, then it must mean that contact has been reestablished between the bloggers Baja and Bovine. The executive producer of Cows Suck has generated his first content in two weeks, and its yet another job announcement for a damn fool with a onespeed who wants to bike down at the big race in February. You know the one. Click over there if you're down. Critical mass is eight; could it be you?

Looks like its about time for bed, given what I'm doing tomorrow. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home