Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Friday, December 16, 2005

Its mine, all mine!

Thank you Scooter. I'll have an innie once the scab falls off. OK, that's the last umbilical reference, I promise. Now, just to prove to myself that this is something more than a bulletin board for me to communicate with my local bro, Veelz, I give you content.

The now-old news is that SWOBO is back. Their front was better, and this is based solely on the fact that the new line lacks the black, sleeveless jersey with the beer mug and the blue sleeveless jersey with the martini. The current threads are great, but not as great. Like U2's new stuff compared to the Joshua Tree. Anyway, if Parr and Roskopp were to bring back the boozy Merino wool strip in my and my wife's sizes, I'd be in my cycling Elvis Year once again.

Also, this is pretty much all bikes and I'll eventually get around to musing on desert ecology, but I'll also be using this forum to document my progress towards becoming something less of a lardass. I've covered thousands of miles on bicycles, and on hikes and dog walks, and have been lifting weights for a little over a year, but I still have the gut and the man cans. I've sped up a bit and gotten back into some of my smaller clothes from years past, but its looking like the beer and junk food fueled training regimen I followed back in college doesn't work out here at the presidentially-eligible age of 35. Who knew?

I've been up to 280-plus pounds as recently as 2 years ago and am at a more-fit, but nevertheless doughy, 255 now. The near-term goal is a deuce and a quarter and if I can hit 205, my college low, I'll be downright giddy. It would also be nice if my palmares had something higher than a 66th percentile finish. Please wish me luck.

Bike down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home