Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Monday, December 19, 2005

The great unwashed


When I was much younger, during summer vacation from elementary school, I had some epic battles of will with my parents. I was as much a packrat/hoarder then as I am now. As such, I was not permitted to leave the house to play without having cleaned my room. It would seem to go on this way for weeks until finally I crammed everything under the bed or somewhere, passed the smell test, and was given leave to take off on my BMXer. Now that I'm all grown up and can more or less go outside and play whenever I please, I find that I've taken my messy room concept on the road. And so it happens that this is what the back of my pickup looks like apres velo far more often than not. Some things never change.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home