Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Friday, April 03, 2009

Vernal Pause (aka Spring Break)

I've been participating in what I feel is a well-deserved vacation all week. I haven't accomplished much but I didn't really have any plans in the first place. In fact, I only put in for the leave a little while ago when I looked at my calendar and saw an entire week during which no meetings or trips were scheduled. I pretty much just wanted a break.

On Monday, I met up with one of my brothers, who also happened to be starting a week-long vacation. He'd ridden down from Phoenix on his V-Strom 1000. He let me ride the big bike around a bit while he tried out my KLR 650. Fun stuff.

I've pulled out my fishing tackle in anticipation of a short trip up to the Valley for some urban lake bass fishing. It's good to have an alternate hobby because my singlespeed's suspension fork kinda' died at Sweetwater yesterday. If the fork ends up taking a long time to get repaired, I'll have to go back to riding rigid. Ugh! Either that, or I'll become a semi-reluctant roadie for a while. Of course, both mountain and road biking may get put on hold because the spring migration is underway, and there's always a chance to add a new species to the list of birds I've seen in my yard. Again, it's good to have alternate hobbies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home