Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mmm...beer, etc.

I just got back from a nice few laps at the regional park. Singlespeed, natch. I figured I'd better make use of today's clear skies and relatively warm temps, as a pair of winter storms are going to hit over the next coupla' days. We, as Tucsonans, welcome the winters rains but I, as a cabin fever-prone individual, need my sunshine. It's a conundrum.

I finally popped the top on one of those pints of Dutch lager I've been threatening to drink for weeks. I think I deserve it, considering that the Doohickey replacement job on my KLR went pretty badly. I effed it up almost a week ago but writing about it still makes me angry (at myself). All I can say is that I hope, when I once again crack open the left side of the crankcase, I don't find a whole new meaning for the term "exploded view".

BeanSS spent a few days with family in Phoenix and came back loaded up with home baked goods - it doesn't get any better than that. And just so it's clear that there's equal consideration, I baked BeanSS a cake before she left. Never mind that her stuff was all from scratch and my stuff came from a box. After all, I needed all the time I could spare to bollocks up my motorcycle.

OK, pint number two is now in play and with it, another change of subject. Or maybe just a rehashing of the bicycling topic. Veelz dropped by the other day to collect me for a mountain bike ride at Sweetwater. I apparently left my legs at home (I felt strong but was totally averse to climbing), so we didn't even manage five miles. It's a good thing I'm not training for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo like he is.

Well, how about that? I do believe I have a nice little background-level buzz going. Coincident with my subtle yet enjoyable level of impairment is the arrival, in our house, of a nice holiday ham baked by my mother-in-law. Along with bicycling, birding, and a host of other hobbies, I have a strong interest in cured pork products.

And with that, I'm closing this post and heading for the kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home