Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Well, I'm glad that's over.

I cannot find the words to convey the absolute elation I feel in regards to what happened in America on Tuesday night. I can, however, find a few words to accompany the weather this week: what the hell happened to autumn?

No sooner had I bitched about afternoon temperatures in the 90s than a cold front hit Tucson with a glancing blow, leaving me to deal with a 42° morning commute today. The cool air wasn't a problem, but the 50° shift between daytime highs and overnight lows means we went directly from late summer to early winter. This will last for a few months and then, if we're lucky, we might have a week or two of spring before the summer hits again.

At any rate, and no matter what the weather ends up being like, I'm looking forward to the coming weeks, months, and years because, to put it indelicately, the Dubya era was a totally fucked up mess if there ever was one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home