Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Equinox run up: addendum

As discussed yesterday, the critical path for this morning's mountain bike ride was getting a good night's sleep. I did indeed get the requisite amount of sleep, but I didn't anticipate that doing so would take so damned long. By the time Clayton and Dora stomped me awake for their morning walk, the sun was already above the horizon and starting to heat things up.

The dogs' breakfast, their walk, my breakfast, bike prep, loading the pickup, etc. were going to be too time consuming, resulting in me being on the trail as the temperature moved out of my admittedly narrow comfort zone. I thus decided during the walk that I'd take the road bike out instead. I ended up banging out a nice, somewhat climby loop. I was happy to have never clicked down to the inner ring on my triple, but I sure didn't feel very strong. The ride will either serve as a nice warm up for a mountain ride tomorrow or I'll wake up too cashed in to face the trails.

Here's something curious. My right lower eyelid is intermittently twitching. It's happened many times before, but only when the stress at work has climbed into the red. As on any weekend, my job couldn't be further from my mind. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've downed nearly an entire pot of coffee. Whatever the cause, I best get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home