Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oops, I rode it again

The dogs woke me up again first thing this morning, allowing a reasonably early start on another ride out at Sweetwater. Being as it is a weekday, I had the trail all to myself. I explored several new loops, or at least they were new to me. There's a bit of potentially wet weather coming in, so the west winds were just the slightest bit brisk, and it felt like they were carrying a bit of humidity, too. It was a nice break from the steady onslaught of increasingly summer-like temperatures that I've been experiencing for the past few weeks. At one point, I returned to the car and removed my helmet and gloves, ready to call it a day. The breeze was so cool and invigorating that I put my gear back on and went out for some more mileage.

My belated and abbreviated spring break ends tomorrow, and it'll be back to bicycling to and from work instead of riding for the pure fun of it. I'll just keep telling myself it's all mileage base maintenance. My commuter had a puncture last week, so I suppose I ought to get to patching it.

Bike down and bird hard everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home