Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Saturday, January 12, 2008

New ride

I finally committed a day to the assembly of my new bike. Of course, it's not all that new - the frame is late '80s/early '90s bonded aluminum Trek that Veelz flowed me gratis last November (thanks again, bro). The components range from a vintage similar to the frame right up to reasonably new stuff and are a mix of parts from Craigslist, bike swaps, retired rides (both road and mountain), etc. It's primarily going to be a commuter, though I may take it out on days when I just don't feel like fixing the umpteenth flat tire on my current road bike.



Unfortunately, I was only able to take it for the shortest of test rides because I'm still feeling the effects of a nasty chest cold. Cycling requires more lung function than I have right now. Maybe tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home