Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Saturday, December 01, 2007

No Napa

I'm going to stop kidding myself and just bag on my participation in the SSWC08 right here and now. I checked out the Ogre's rundown of the Skyline Wilderness Park trail system and have decided against driving 18 hours each way - not to mention dropping major coin on gas - so I can hike-a-bike my singlespeed around in a sweltering oak woodland with a bunch of other inebriates. I can only hope that someone from the southwest is able to win the post-race, grab-ass talent show so that the event can be brought to a closer and/or more desirable venue in 2009.

And, come late August, if my decision has me feeling left out, I'll set up camp near Sonoita, down a six-pack, and hammer the oak-lined trails at Kentucky Camp until I barf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home