Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

1138

Yet more plans have gone awry, albeit largely of my own doing. More bicycling? Nope; current excuses are alternating between it being too cold or too windy, and/or me being too lazy. Less weight lifting? Well, I'm doing fewer reps but am working out no less frequently. And now, two weeks of daily dog walks with Clayton and Dora have come to an abrupt end due to a small amount of getting bit while helping break up a scrap over a leftover rawhide chew. My hand seems a bit effed-up, so this last event might even force me to dial back on the other three. If it affects my ability to hold my binoculars, birding will go on hiatus as well. Either that, or I'm overreacting and will be fine by tomorrow.

On the other hand (literally - the one that doesn't have canine punctures), I've reacquainted myself with my inner geek by getting back into Star Wars. My wife and I are both old enough to have been into it since the beginning, just over 30 years ago. We spent the last few days watching all the movies, pausing here and there to shop for figures. BeanSS is into Jedi, while I dig on all things Fett. Searches of Craigslist for bike parts have been replaced by random perusals of Wookieepedia. Ah, to be a nerd again.

And for what it's worth, I agree with Dante Hicks that Empire had the better ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home