Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Saturday, December 08, 2007

If there's no event, is it still training?

As often as not, I use this blog to announce not only the things I intend to do, but also the things I do not intend to do. Brother Veelz saw my post about wussing out on SSWC08, and thus assumed I'd be man enough to duo the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo with him. I've been thoughtfully considering his offer, discussing it with BeanSS, and carefully examining the training schedule I'd need to implement between now and Presidents' Day weekend. I still haven't decided, though I'm leaning towards improving on my wuss-out percentage for 2008. Stay tuned.

No matter my decision, there'll be no substantive training today, as Tucson is in the midst of a wet and windy winter storm. I might be able to lift weights, but I'll have to be careful not to smear the actively-rusting plates and hex weights on myself. All that iron is made in China, so I can assume the paint is lead-based. Also, I'm also a bit beat down from having just come back from a work trip to Silver City. The driving wasn't so bad, and the short birding excursions behind the hotel were as low of an intensity as exercise can be. What cashed me in was my first introduction to running on a treadmill in the hotel's fitness center. I ride. I lift. I hike. I almost never run. High impact exercise is probably not the best thing for a clydesdale's body - especially since riding a singlespeed abuses my knees already. I have to admit, though, that it hurts pretty good.

So much complaining to do, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home