Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ahh, warm.

I just got back from a very enjoyable road bike ride. Eighteen miles is only a little further than some people do on their rollers in the parking lot before a race, but I only had a limited amount of time to get the ride in. The rolling hills and northwest breeze kept things interesting.

I'm surprised I was motivated to go at all, given that I announced my intentions yesterday. Like I've said before, a ride bespoke the night before often happens not. The temperature went right past the forecast high of 78° and maxed out at a nice, warm 82°. You've got to love having sock tan lines in winter.

I'm going to go grab the last 3 Horses Lager from the refrigerator, take it out into the wonderfully mosquito-free yard, and watch the day end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home