Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sweet, sweet water

I was sitting around my house, recently rechristened Boredom Kingdom, this past Sunday trying to figure out if, when, and where I was going to go on my bike when out of the blue, I get a call from Veelz.

"We're going riding." he says. He pointed out later that he'd purposely not phrased it as a question.

So, would it be the new 36th Street trailhead, which leads to the same old Starr (Scar) Pass area, or the entirely new Sweetwater Trail system? I opted for the latter and within an hour, we were carving along one of the nicest, best-flowing trails in the Tucson area. The ride was easily 98% singletrack, the wildflowers were in full bloom, wildlife was abundant, and it was rigid singlespeedable at that. Too perfect. Cheers to everyone who made it happen.

More importantly, and without getting into the specifics, the ride was just what my soul needed - a ray of light in the otherwise dark times I've been working through lately. I have to genuinely thank Veelz for recognizing that I needed to be taken to see my therapist who, if you must know, has 180mm crankarms and mechanical disks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home