Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Groundhog Day

I feel like I'm stuck in that Bill Murray movie, only I'm primarily reliving the same weekend over and over. I lift weights after work on Friday. BeanSS and I then spend Saturday running errands while I recover from the workout (and my job's brain drain). The dogs get walked on Saturday evening, and then I go riding on Sunday. We usually watch a DVD at some point. Throughout it all, I'm irrigating myself with coffee and, bless her heart, BeanSS is always making the last of a package of bacon. The only thing that seems to change is which bike I use; I've rotated through the full-suss 29er, the geared hardtail, the singlespeed, and the skinny bike.

It's a comfortable routine, but I know I need to break it up a bit. The coffee and bacon are not negotiable, but I think I might enjoy a change of scenery. It's getting warm enough in the desert to make mid- to high-elevation riding more appealing. I still have a burning desire to get back to Flagstaff, especially because Schultz Creek is actually a creek right now. Of course, Silver City is a few hours closer and I don't have to go through Phoenix to get there.

And haven't I discussed this all before? Yes, and as has been the situation for years, road-tripping remains barricaded behind our one-POS-vehicle situation. In between all of this riding, dog walking, and generally lazing around, I really need to set aside some time to find and - as much of a cheapskate as I am - buy another bike hauler.

Until then, it looks like I'll just keep on keepin' on right here in the Old Pueblo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home