Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Not too shabby

A pretty good weekend is coming to an end here.

I spent most of Saturday birding in and around my yard, picking my up first-of-season black-throated gray warbler, hooded oriole, and zone-tailed hawk. It was also my first day in sandals and of course, I sunburned my feet.

This morning's Spring Bike Swap went off OK. I saw Veelz and his son, got a ganga deal on a lightly-used pair of SPDs, and picked up some new grips. In fact, I think I bought pedals and grips at last fall's bike swap, too.

I passed on the post-swap Cyclovia, the Bike Beautiful confab, and the Urban Assault ride in favor of a solo spin around the local regional park. I came home from what ended up being an excellent ride in time to see a brilliant orange adult male Bullock's oriole perched in a neighbor's ocotillo. After that, it was out for a late lunch with BeanSS and now here I am on the internet.

Again, not a bad weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home