Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ass: kicked

Just got back from a bunny ride on the Sun Circle and Black Rock loops out at the Sweetwater Trails. Most of the terrain looks like this, and I was able to motor right along.


Other sections are a bit more bony, and I was dabbing all over the place. I spent about half of my saddle time struggling to get a flow going; it's embarrassing to get one's ass handed to oneself by oneself on a solo ride. I checked my records when I got home and was astonished to see that, without realizing it, I'd gone almost a year and a half without riding there. This has happened before, and it was just as frustrating then. I eventually got it together and was able to clean a few problem sections before the setting sun chased me back to the pickup.

 
And I do have a need to get better at this whole singlespeeding thing because there's an event on the horizon at which sucking ass on a bike will be, well, let's just say it'll be subject to much derision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home