Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Gray Skies

I woke up this morning to the most dense fog I've ever encountered in Tucson, definitely more than it was 5 years ago, and rivaling even the murk that enveloped (and which contributed to chasing me out of) Sacramento when I lived there.


Beyond the pleasing aesthetics of fog in the desert, I appreciate that it's the result of a couple of days of very much-needed, saturating rains. It's even better that it's happening at the beginning of what's supposed to be a bone-dry, double-dip La NiƱa winter.

In fact, I'm so grateful for the precipitation that I'm not even going to complain that it, along with the cold, is keeping me from shaking off the chest congestion with which I've been living (but not riding) for a few weeks. On the other hand, if this type of weather manages to ruin much more of my hard-earned winter vacation, well, then you'll hear some real bitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home