Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Saturday, June 16, 2007

When did they fix that?

My man Veelz started this blog for me as "Bovines Bite" back in December of 2005 and within a day, he removed his administrator status. Drunk with power, I kicked him off even as a guest, changed the name to FBAZ!, and got on with things.

Electronic Karma caught up with me because last November, when Blogger was going around "improving" everything, Veelz mysteriously reappeared as the primary author. Worse yet, I found myself out on the curb, with no access, not even as a guest. He kindly added me back. Having apparently learned nothing from the experience, I immediately tried to re-remove him. Denied! The same thing happened with my wife's BeanSScene blog - I reappeared as an author, had to invite her back in, and then could not extricate myself.

Today, while noodling around in the settings, I saw that the "remove" link was once again live next to Veelz's name. Click. Gone. I dashboarded over to BeanSSer's blog and did the same with my name. Success! Everything is once again in order in our little corner of the Blogosphere. Better yet, instead of two hyper-linked screen names over there in the upper right-hand corner, you once again have my ugly face, lumpy body, and comically small-looking bicycle to look at.

P.S. Two posts in a single day, and its Saturday, no less. The soul-cleansing dry heat of June has sent the last of the snowbirds back home, the trails are empty, and yet, I'm camping out on the web instead of on the Rim. What's up with that?

Here's the deal. I've already ridden my road bike back and forth to work all week in the heat. BeanSS has the pickup truck up in Phoenix, so I can't really get to the mountains for, you know, mountain biking. Most importantly, I'm having some excellent father-son quality time with Clayton, our dog. We're in full bachelor mode: wandering the house shirtless, eating without utensils, and pissing in the backyard. There'll be ample time for adventures beyond the walls later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home