Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yet more birds, still no bikes

Last Friday, a MacGillivray's warbler (Oporornis tolmiei Townsend) became the eighth warbler to be seen from our yard this spring. It was a new one for my life list as well. The next day, Beans spotted a female black-headed grosbeak (Pheucticus melanocephalus Swainson) on one of our feeders. I'd thought about going for a road bike ride on Sunday, but we decided instead to wait and see if the male grosbeak would show up. We sat, he arrived, we looked, so it was worth it.

Or was it?

I seem to be training for the 2007 edition of the 24 Hours of Birdwatching in the Old Pueblo, rather than the race. But I'll still get in a smidgen of training today - its time to leave for work and my commuter bike awaits. All miles are good miles and the afternoon combination of heat, hills, and headwinds promises to build character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home