Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Friday, August 01, 2014

Barmageddon - SSWC 2014

Here are some choice shots from the SSWC 2014 pre-race carb-loading session at the Carousel Lounge in lovely Spenard, Alaska.

Shall we?

Thunderfish, the opening act.

That's Sarah Palin with the glasses. The Ninja at the urinal is one of the hosts of SSWC 2015 in Japan. This photo pretty much makes it very unwise for me to open this blog at work.

Hey, that's the name of this blog!

The Black Owls, performing the middle set.

The flyer said "It's dangerous to fly Solo. Take a Wookiee with you". So I did.

Canis lupus spenardensis

I believe the future SSWC 2014 men's champion is in this shot, advising us to Harden the Fuck Up.

Fuck yeah!

Luck of the Irish. I seem to recall having a pull of whiskey from this fine decanter.

El Luchadero Borracho. This dude spent much of the night tapping people on the shoulder with a drum stick or something so they'd turn around and look around like morons. I fell for it repeatedly, but the real problem I had with his behavior was that he was storing the drum stick down in that bib. 

And lastly, now that we know what I look like, I present the mosh pit instigated by the headliners, Seracs. BeanSS is still hurting from this, too. This demonstrates that inside of every older person, there's a younger person wondering what the hell happened. Also, this might just have the slightest bit to do with not making it to the race, scheduling issues notwithstanding.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home