Literal and figurative traverses of basin and range

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Best laid plans: awry

I am a useless motherfucker. It was somewhat cold (by my standards) yesterday, but I planned on a ride because I knew today would be colder yet, and quite possibly wet. I was all ready to go - air in tires, Camelbak full - and then I just plain frittered the afternoon away. Maybe I was expecting it to get just a bit warmer. It didn't, though it was at least warm enough to get in a decent session with the weights. There was just enough daylight left after that to have taken Clayton for a walk, but he decided instead to body slam and break our aquarium while chasing a toy that he threw.

Its in the high 30s right now and it rained a bit overnight. I could look forward to a dust-free trail ride this afternoon, but we'll have to see about that 40% chance of rain. The fall-back option is to try out my newly thrift-scored trainer. Mindlessly spinning a road bike under the patio roof should be every bit as soulful as swooping through Tucson Mountain Park, intoxicated by the smell of wet creosote bushes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home